IBM is proud to be a sponsor at APIdays Paris event December 11 and 12, 2018. We hope you will come to our sessions and stop by and talk with us about your API initiative and projects.
Several topics will be presented by IBM at the conference and Expo:
Creating an API Economy Business Strategy
- Tuesday December 11, 2018 – 11:25 AM- Main Keynote room
- Speaker – Alan Glickenhouse – API Business Strategist
- Abstract – How do you build an API Economy Strategy? What are the best practices for API Initiatives? How should you govern your API initiative to drive success? What is the first thing that should be done (that almost nobody does until later)? How do you really Monetize APIs? What roles are required? Are these different than prior roles in the company? What organizational structure changes are recommended? What one thing will cause an API initiative to fail if you do not do it? What are the considerations for Legal and Privacy? How do you measure success? The speaker will answer all these questions and more.
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018 – 2.50pm in Auditorium Blin (floor -1)
- Speaker – Ozair Sheik – Program Director, API Connect & Gateways, Offering Management
- Abstract – Accelerate delivery of APIs using GraphQL without compromising security and governance. GraphQL and REST use different programming models when performing rate limiting and securing backend resources. In this session, you will learn how to manage & monetize GraphQL interfaces based on query complexity and protect against malicious GraphQL queries..
Create & publish your API in a few clicks
- December 11 – afternoon
- Speakers – Michel Lara and Frederic Dutheil, Cloud Architects.
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018 – All day
- Speakers – Michel Lara, Cloud Architect, IBM
- Description – Offering clinics or deeper discussion on the topic ‘APIs in a multi-cloud environment’.
IBM will also have a booth in the Expo area where you can stop by for a conversation with our API Subject Matter Experts.
To understand more about IBM’s thoughts on the API Economy visit the IBM API Economy website. IBM API Connect is IBM’s complete foundation to Create, Manage, and Secure APIs. You can find more information about IBM API Connect at the API Connect website. And you can also experience a trial version of API Connect.
If you have questions, please let me know. Connect with me through comments here or via twitter @Arglick to continue the discussion.