IBM is proud to be a sponsor at APIdays Paris event December 9 – 11, 2019. We hope you will come to our sessions and stop by and talk with us about your API initiative and projects.
Several topics will be presented by IBM at the conference and Expo:
Workshop: How an integrated platform helps to drive Business with Event driven APIs
- Monday December 9, 2019 – 15:00 – Room-Ada Lovelace
- Speaker – Yann Theau (Segment Leader France – Integration & Blockchain Platform) and Michel Lara (IBM Cloud Architect)
- Abstract – APIs are the food for the digital world. They pave the way to new business models through digital services. But APIs are just a technical enabler for an evolutionary End-to-end Architecture. They are part of a bigger journey to modernization strategies and can unlock further economic and agility benefits through a fully implemented API Economy. This session focuses on possibilities how APIs can foster this initiative, embedded in the bigger picture of Integration development using cloud native architectures, where IBM is a key provider. To make this more concrete the speakers will show a short and hands on video featuring the actual API integration solution.
The Lazy Person’s Guide to API Testing and Monitoring
- Tuesday December 10, 2019 – 14:00 – Room-Ada Lovelace
- Speaker – Arnauld Desprets (Hybrid Cloud Integration Architect)
- Abstract – In the fewest number of clicks, keystrokes and scrolls, the IBM API Connect team will teach you the playbook to API development. From zero-code, completely automated API testing and monitoring in seconds to transforming your REST APIs to GraphQL to debugging, we share it all.
Sharing API Observations: Real Life API Use Cases Provide Guidance to Your API Opportunity
- Wednesday December 11, 2019 – 14:25 – Room-Ada Lovelace
- Speaker – Alan Glickenhouse (Digital Transformation and API Business Strategist)
- Abstract – What is better than learning from your mistakes? No, not making mistakes is not an option! But, learning from other’s mistakes and successes can go a long way to providing guidance on how you can drive your own success. Illustrated by real life use cases, this session will show how IBM has helped businesses make API Management successful and point to the most common pitfalls that get in the way of success. At the end of the session you will see several examples of real live use cases, understand typical opportunity areas that IBM is seeing businesses focus on for their API projects, and also understand where we see this going in the future as businesses are executing their digital transformations.
IBM will also have a booth in the Expo area where you can stop by for a conversation with our API Subject Matter Experts.
To understand more about IBM’s thoughts on Digital Business and the API Economy visit the IBM API Economy website. IBM API Connect is IBM’s complete foundation to Create, Secure, Manage, Test, and Monitor APIs. You can find more information about IBM API Connect at the API Connect website. And you can also experience a trial version of API Connect.
If you have questions, please let me know. Connect with me through comments here or via twitter @Arglick to continue the discussion.