You can stage and publish a project to IBM Cloud using the API Designer. Staging a project copies all the files to the target, but does not run the project application code. However, publishing a project copies all the project files to the target and runs the project application code.
Configure IBM Cloud
- Log in to IBM Cloud.
NOTE: The following procedure assumes you’re using the new IBM Cloud console.
- Click APIs.
- Click API Connect Manager.
- You’ll see the API Connect Cloud service page. Select a plan and click Create. If you’re just checking it out, select the free “Essentials” plan.
- You’ll see the API Connect dashboard showing the Draft APIs view.
Publish to IBM Cloud
- In the API Designer, click Publish then Add and Manage Targets.
- Click Add IBM Cloud target.
- Select a region, organization and catalog (use “Sandbox” for now). Click Next.
- Type the application name (“my-notes”) then click +.
- Select the application you just added and click Save.
- Click Publish again and select the target you just added.
- You will see the Publish Options dialog (You may see different options, depending on your configuration and what you have created):
- Select the following:
- Publish application to publish the current application to the selected target.
- Stage or Publish products to stage all of the products.
- Select specific products to choose specific products.
- my-notes to select the product you just created.
- Click Publish then select the target you previously added. The console where you started the API Designer will display a number of messages. If the application is successfully published, then the final messages will be similar to this:
- In the API Designer, complete the following steps:
- Click APIs.
- Select my-notes.
- Click Assemble.
- In the Assembly editor, click Filter policies icon:
- Select DataPower Gateway policies.
- Click Save to save the API.
- Next, you need to publish to the API Manager. Click Publish and select the following options: Stage or Publish products, Select specific products, and my-notes.
- Return to the IBM Cloud Dashboard. You will see the application tile in the Applications section:
Runtime published successfully. Using buildpack: SDK for Node.js(TM) (ibm-node.js-4.4.3, buildpack-v3.3-20160428-1409) Management URL: https://new-console.ng.bluemix.net/apps/ca3283b0-525c-488d-993b-3ab72fca78d0 API target urls: apiconnect-ca2343b0-525c-477d-993b-3ab72fca78d0.youremail-dev.apic.mybluemix.net API invoke tls-profile: client:Loopback-client
Now you can use API Manager to publish the API product to your Developer Portal, so that application developers can access it. Follow the instructions in Publishing an API with API Manager. You can also use the API Manager to manage your APIs by configuring authentication measures, setting rate limits, and enforcing policies.