If your API isn’t working as you’d expect, there is a wealth of information already available for you in API Connects analytics. To find the details of an individual API call, you can do the following:
- Identify the Product from the dashboard and click it to show the contained apis.
- Identify the API from the list and click on the graph icon to view Analytics data for that API.
- Select the error code from the pie chart and then click on the left hand magnifying glass with a + in.
- Click on the arrow at the bottom of the bar chart to switch to table view
- Click View Events, and scroll down through the data available.
See the steps in the following animation:
Once you have the data in front of you, some of the key things to look for are:
- The latency info showing an invoke occuring – this would point to issues in the backend system
- To show even more detailed data, you can add the ‘Apim-Debug: true’ header to your api call and then you will see the debug data in the Analytics as well.