IBM recently announced a brand-new offering: IBM Cloud Application Business Insights on August 15th, 2018. This offering enhances the visualization capabilities of the existing application performance management portfolio that is available today.
IBM Cloud Application Business Insights helps you to quickly build custom dashboards with an interactive and modern, user interface (UI). Itâ€™s drag-and-drop, easy-to-use, features provide effective data visualization and analysis capabilities.
In the age of cloud computing organizations and users demand instant access to relevant data that will help them be more productive and efficient. On the other hand, traditional monitoring tools that rely on pre-built dashboards fail to address individual or multiple organizational needs for customization. This can be a bottleneck in improving efficiencies and effectiveness. In order to resolve this limitation organizations are left on their own to do custom work, or piece together various offerings in order to get a complete picture.
Today, organizations need a way in which they can visualize data from different sources in dashboards that are customizable, without the need to for expensive coding changes, or even coding knowledge. IBM Cloud Application Business Insights addresses this need by providing the LOB, IT Managers, and users the ability for self-service dashboarding.
With IBM Cloud Application Business Insights creating a customized dashboard is a 3 step process:
- Select a layout from either a default list of templates or create a new custom layout.
- Select a data widget from an already created library of widgets that your organization has created or create a new widget in minutes.
- Publish your new dashboard!
Thatâ€™s it. No coding skills required!
Use cases & benefits
IBM Cloud Application Business Insights help organizations in multiple ways. Here are some of the common use cases:
- Customized Dashboards for data: Enables users to build custom dashboards quickly with deep library of ready-made charts, gauges and badges, modular layout with correlation, drill-down and zooming capabilities.
- End-to-End Visibility: Empowers users with end-to-end visibility into the operational performance of their business application, by gathering actionable intelligence through consolidation of multiple data sources, including IBM and third-party products.
- Faster response times and quicker repair: Accelerates response and drastically lowers mean time to repair (MTTR) on performance degradation of any business application, through advanced UI capabilities, such as data filters, correlations, and drilldowns.
- Flexibility on external analysis: Provides the capability to export custom dashboards and shares as a PDF, CSV, Microsoft Excel to further add flexibility on external analysis with tools like Cognos.
What more?? IBM Cloud Application Business Insights also offer various out of the box capabilities to help get started quickly. These include:
- Modern UI leveraging industry best practices
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface. No coding required!
- Default dashboard layouts or users can create their own.
- The ability to seamlessly integrate data from a variety of sources.
- A deep library of ready-made charts, gauges and badges.
- The option to drill-down or show correlation between widgets.
- Filtering data to improve clarity and focus.
- Scalable, and can handle large volume of data on a single chart.
- Categorize data into specific tabs.
- Organize dashboards into menus.
- Globalize dashboards in multiple languages.
- Reuse widgets on multiple dashboards.
- Email or export to PDF, CSV, Microsoft Excel.
With IBM Cloud Application Business Insights your organization will be able to give its users instant access to relevant data that will help them be more productive and efficient by delivering on the need for self-service dashboards.
Register for the webcast on Aug 30th and checkout IBM Cloud Application Business Insights capabilities yourself.
Blog Author: Anthony Spina, Offering Manager: IBM Hybrid Cloud, Application Insights