As an Application Developer, are you just too familiar with these scenarios?
- Are you struggling to manage your applications so that you can quickly diagnose any incidents as early as possible in the development cycle? Is it difficult to identify performance issues early in the cycle and to isolate problems that affect users across your environment?
- Are you responsible for building new modern or Cloud Native apps and are finding it difficult to transition your applications to the Cloud?
- Are you trying to maintain applications across private, public, or hybrid cloud environments and running into issues with monitoring these environments?
- Are you interested in working with DevOps and IT Operations to deliver innovation at speed and scale, leveraging cloud native technologies such as microservices, containers, Kubernetes and DevOps.
IBM Cloud App Management enables the following:
- Embedded incident resolution that allows you to quickly isolate problems in complex microservice and container environments.
- Monitoring of your application stack that allows you to get started within minutes.
- Focus on micro services and containerized application development to get your applications to the Cloud quickly.
- Capability to manage your application environment proactively regardless of size and scale with a truly scalable Cloud Native solution.
- Capability to work with your organization to bridge gaps across development, DevOps and IT Ops.
- Capability to monitor the Continuous Integration (CI) and the Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline, and rapid feedback to fix problems across Development and Test.
When looking for a truly scalable cloud native offering that integrates service management with a strong focus on fast deployment times and scalability, IBM Cloud App Management addresses the goals for you to transition your applications to the Cloud while providing a robust application monitoring environment for you to diagnose issues immediately.
Letâ€™s look at the key features and functionalities of IBM Cloud App Management.
Cloud native implementation
IBM Cloud App Management was designed and built from the ground up as a cloud native, microservices-based management solution. Why is this important? It is important because it allows IBMs clients to take advantage of capabilities that are inherent to cloud native solutions.
IBM Cloud App Management supports highly dynamic environments that are constantly changing and can handle modern applications and infrastructures. It also supports applications that run in an on-premises, private or public cloud, or any form of multi-cloud environment.
It provides out of the box resiliency. For those not familiar with cloud native, think â€śhigh availabilityâ€ť. It provides a horizontally scalable architecture with auto-scaling characteristics. Architecturally, the product allows for easy updates of individual microservices with backwards compatibility, and the ability for IBM to deliver updates faster with zero downtime.
Multi-tenancy provides value to both service providers and to enterprises that require data segregation between lines of business or geolocations. By leveraging a multi-tenant cloud app management solution, customers can reduce their total cost of ownership while maintaining data segregation, by sharing a single cloud app management server deployment.
IBM Cloud Private platform
IBM Cloud App Management is built on the IBM Cloud Private platform that offers an enterprise ready cloud and it includes a license to use IBM Cloud Private to run the APM server workload. While IBM Cloud App Management is a single application, IBM Cloud Private allows customers to take advantage of a cloud that offers scalability, resiliency, security, and the ability to easily move workloads between different on-premises and public clouds.
IBM Cloud Private leverages Docker and Kubernetes to achieve scalability and resiliency when developing and deploying applications. As part of the solution, users will be entitled to use IBM Cloud Private as their Enterprise ready kubernetes implementation to run IBM Cloud App Management.
The IBM Cloud Private platform offers all of these added benefits:
- Grow as needed with horizontal scaling of additional containers to handle the monitoring of large environments.
- Improved stability with high availability inherent in the redundant cloud native design that leverages extra containers that are used for recovery.
- Reduced cost by allowing for an easy and more frequent upgrade path by leveraging helm charts for the updating of individual microservices.
- Common security adherence by leveraging the cloud for a common authorization model with other applications.
- Standardized on premise installs leveraging the private cloud to host other IBM Middleware (WebSphere, MQ, DB2, API Connect, UrbanCode Deploy, Data Science Experience)
- Ability to utilize “Cloud native” or “Enterprise” licenses to create new cloud-native applications.