As the popularity of Node.js grows, more companies are using Node.js for their business-critical applications. Having a trusted partner that you can depend on for support when you have questions or run into issues in your production deployments is critical to your success.
IBM works extensively in the Node.js community to maintain and enhance the runtime, and ensure its ongoing success. In 2019, 11 of the 108 Node.js core collaborators were from IBM. Not only that, four of them were on the Technical Steering Committee!
In addition, IBMers are involved in a broad cross section of the teams, working groups and strategic initiatives helping to chart the future of the Node.js project. Additionally, our Red Hat colleagues who are involved in the Node.js project offer support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenShift.
Let our experts help you.
You can access support for Node.js from IBM through a number of different channels as follows:
- Deploying to IBM Cloud. Customers with paid IBM Cloud accounts who deploy Node.js applications using the supported Node.js community binaries to the IBM Cloud can open support requests which will be answered by a team backed by our exports. Refer to the IBM Cloud Documentation for more information.
- IBM Cloud Pak for Applications. Customers who license the IBM Cloud Pak for Applications and deploy on OpenShift can open support requests with IBM which will be answered by a team backed by our experts. Refer to the documentation for IBM Cloud Pak for Applications for more information.
- Red Hat Runtimes. Customers with paid Red Hat Runtimes subscriptions who deploy Node.js applications using on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or Red Hat OpenShift using the Red Hat Node.js binaries and/or ubi/rhel containers running on IBM Z, LinuxONE, Power systems and x86_64 systems (as well as others) can open support requests through Red Hat.
- Open Source Support for IBM i. Customer who deploy Node.js application on IBM i using the IBM provided IBM i binaries and purchase optional support can open support requests which will be answered by a team backed by our exports.
- IBM SDK for Node.js – z/OS. Customers who deploy on the IBM SDK for Node.js on z/OS and purchase optional support can open requests which will be answered by a team backed by our experts. Refer to the IBM SDK for Node.js for more information.
In addition, if you want a broader level of support you also have the option of IBM Services who are also able to leverage our Node.js experts.
If you have a significant Node.js deployment that is not covered by one of these options please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you on a Node.js support contract customized for you.