In this procedure, we walk through the necessary setup to configure your local system and the Aspera on Cloud Platform (AoC) so that you can make API calls to the Activity application.
There are two main procedures:
To download the source code used in this tutorial, click here.
I. Obtain the Necessary Elements for Authorization
II. Create an Integration with AoC
- Go to *.ibmaspera.com, where * represents your subdomain. Your subdomain is unique to your organization in Aspera on Cloud. In this tutorial, turbo is used as an example subdomain.
- Organization menu category and click Integrations, then click Create New. A new integration form opens.
- Fill out the form with appropriate values for your integration.
- Enter a name for your integration.
- Enter values for Redirect URIs and Origins. If you do not already have a designated value for each, enter a placeholder value, such as www.company.com. (These values are not needed for using the API, but they are required fields in the current template.) After you enter each value, it appears under a Name header.
- When done, click Save.You now see a newly created Profile for your integration.
- Click the submenu JSON Web Token Auth (next to Profile).
- Select the check-box for Enable JWT grant type.
- From the Allowed keys dropdown, select User-specific keys and global key.
- In the pop-up that appears, click Yes to confirm that you want to permit global keys.A field called Public Key (PEM Format) appears.
- Copy the complete contents of analytics-api-demo/*.key.publicâ€”which you created in the previous section on this pageâ€”into this field, then click Save.
Keep this page in the Admin App open.
- Add the constants listed below to the file
constants.rb.The values in this list are example values, only. To locate the correct values for your configuration, consult the table below.
You will find some of the values you need on your Integrations page.
Where to find the constant values:
Key Value Example Value
Found in the “Client info” section on yourÂ Integrations page BNMWnBP3Sg
Found in the “Client info” section on yourÂ Integrations page ‘RpRQHCCzLOMsFo7pyCegd2W58FxmRSep’
Your email address ‘email@example.com’
The ID for your organization in Aspera on Cloud. If you do
not know your organization ID, see the Files API call in the
sample code file, get_organization.rbÂ (see the link at the top of this page).
The subdomain in your organization’s URL turbo