Need help installing IBMÂ® MaximoÂ® Anywhere? By using our new video series, you’ll soon become an expert. In the coming weeks, we are releasing a series of videos to cover a range of topologies and technology stacks for Maximo Anywhere installations.
Our first play list reviews installing Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2 on an IBMÂ® Db2Â® database and an Android mobile device. This example uses a single-server deployment, where Maximo Anywhere and IBM MobileFirstâ„˘ Platform Server are installed on the same computer.
The playlist will include the following topics:
- Prerequisites and some administration tasks
- Overview and installation of the required components
- Installation of the profile for IBMÂ® WebSphereÂ® Application Server Liberty 8.5
- Installation of MobileFirst Server
- Installation of Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2
- Creation of the runtime environment on MobileFirst Server
- Set up of security authentication
- Download of an app from Google Play Store and connection to the environment for Maximo Anywhere
By the end of this video series, you will know how to perform an installation of Maximo Anywhere, how to configure authentication methods for the platform, and how to connect an Android mobile device to MobileFirst Server. The initial videos of this playlist go live on March 19, 2018.
- Build expertise in IBM Maximo Anywhere installations.
- Explore the new video series.
- Check in throughout the week as we build out the playlist with new videos.
About the author
Ronan Healy has been an Information Developer for IBM Internet of Things for over 3 years. His focus the last 10 years has been on Installation information for the IBM Maximo portfolio.