MaximoWorld 2018 is just around the corner. And I’m not the only one counting down the days—based on online and in-person chatter, the whole IBM® Maximo® Asset Management community is gearing up for this event.
August 7 – 9
The best part of MaximoWorld: Karaoke
Last month, I wrote a blog outlining the reasons I love MaximoWorld. And OK, karaoke isn’t the main reason, but social events give us a great opportunity not only to network, but to lighten the mood and get to know each other on a more personal level. And who knows, maybe your fondest memory of the event will be belting out “Carry On Wayward Son” with a stage full of your peers. Time will tell.
In all seriousness, what I love about MaximoWorld is being surrounded by people with asset management expertise who are bursting to share their experiences. I like to call these experts Maximo Maestros because of the astounding ways they use Maximo Asset Management to their advantage. The biggest draw is, of course, the keynote speakers, panels and user groups. You can view the agenda to see which topics are of interest to you and your organization. Additionally, you can stop by the IBM booth to talk to IBM developers and other experts about the latest release, the IBM Maximo Developer Center and all things related to Maximo Asset Management.
Learn from more than 1,000 of your peers
Terrence O’Hanlon, CEO of Reliabilityweb.com shared this week that more than 1,000 attendees have already pre-registered for MaximoWorld 2018. There are less than 100 seats remaining! You can see a list of planned attendees on his post titled, “Who is participating at MaximoWorld?” This is amazing news because we already know that all the leading enterprise asset management organizations are being represented at the event.
Participate in the chatter
As I mentioned, I’ve heard a lot of in-person conversations about the excitement surrounding MaximoWorld. But you can also find a lot of great information online.
- Learn more about MaxTECH – the Maximo Technical User Group. MaxTECH is a user group created by BPD Zenith to provide Maximo administrators, support people and consultants a place to ask and answer technical Maximo questions. MaxTECH will be hosted on Tuesday morning by Stephen Hume, Senior Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith. Read about a recent MaxTECH meeting for an example of what to expect.
- Listen to an interview with James Mourafetis, Senior Vice President and Asset Management Leader for the Transportation Industry at Argo Consulting. James will lead a session called, “Why Your Organization Fails to ‘Maximize Maximo’” on Thursday.
- Keep up with MaximoWorld news on social media. Follow @IBMIoT on Twitter and IBM Watson IoT on Facebook for pre-event news and live videos, podcasts and blogs throughout the event.
- Register for MaximoWorld 2018.
- Tell your colleagues to register before MaximoWorld 2018 is sold out.
- Explore the benefits of a strong ecosystem.