Blockchain Developer Center
Explore and accelerate your blockchain application development with free tools, tutorials, and community collaboration
Learn blockchain basics
What is blockchain for business?
It’s a tamper-proof, distributed ledger shared by the members of a permissioned network of individuals or organizations. By recording the history of transactions, or asset transfers, in a hash-linked chain, the blockchain fosters trust, transparency, and accountability throughout the network.
Want to learn more? How much time do you have?
- 5 minutes? Read a primer on distributed ledger technology
- 10 minutes? Learn to distinguish Bitcoin vs. blockchain for business
- 20 minutes? Check out this intro to distributed ledgers
- 45 minutes? Download and read the Blockchain for Dummies e-book
- 2 hours? Take the Blockchain essentials course (and earn a badge!)
Deploy your first blockchain app!
Application developers, your blockchain journey starts here! Learn the basics of writing chaincode (business logic) and user applications in a simple transfer of digital assets (colored marbles, in this case) between members in a blockchain network.
Develop your blockchain solution
IBM Blockchain is the first managed service for Hyperledger Fabric v1.0, making it fast and easy to build, run, and govern business networks with high security, privacy, and performance.
Hyperledger Composer is a free set of tools for quickly prototyping, defining, and testing a blockchain network and writing apps to interact with it. Hyperledger Composer is a Hyperledger project hosted by The Linux Foundation.
Hyperledger Fabric is a blockchain framework implementation and one of the open source Hyperledger projects hosted by The Linux Foundation. Its modular architecture ensures the confidentiality, resiliency, flexibility, and scalability of your blockchain solutions.
Advance your blockchain skills
- Top Internet of Things articles and tutorials
- Make your blockchain smart contracts smarter with business rules
- Blockchain basics: Introduction to distributed ledgers
- Blockchain basics: Glossary and use cases
- IBM Blockchain 101: Quick-start guide for developers
- Enhancing the trade lifecycle with blockchain
- Integrate your data with the Hyperledger Fabric blockchain
- Live! From Tomorrow: Blockchain for Business (the lighter side of blockchain!)
- Why do clients choose IBM Blockchain and Hyperledger Composer over competitors?
- Is blockchain right for you? Learn what makes a good use case
- Top use cases: How blockchain will fundamentally change the way we do business
- Building a blockchain for business with the Hyperledger Project
- Trading coffee with IBM Blockchain (interactive game)
- Blockchain Explained (29 videos)
- Blockchain Solutions (3 videos)
Connect with blockchain developers and leaders
Hyperledger is led by a diverse group of technical, open source contributors.
Join the Hyperledger community on Rocket.chat for questions, support, and active collaboration with Hyperledger developers. And find the next Hyperledger meetup in your neck of the world.
- Open Source Summit
September 11-14 | Los Angeles, CA
- Rock Your Cloud 2017
September 18 | Tel Aviv, Israel
- Blockchain Live
September 20 | London, UK
October 1-5 | San Francisco, CA
- IoT Solutions World Congress
October 3-5 | Barcelona, Spain
- Node Interactive
October 4-6 | Vancouver, BC
- IBM Cloud University
October 10-13 | Berlin, Germany
- DockerCon Europe
October 16-19 | Copenhagen, Denmark
Engage with IBM for enterprise blockchain solutions
IBM Bluemix Garage for blockchain
Experts in the IBM Bluemix Garage will help you make blockchain real. In this collaborative workshop, you can explore the blockchain use cases relevant to your business and determine your best first pilot of the technology.
Join the IBM Blockchain community of business leaders and developers embracing the blockchain opportunity and receive special benefits and perks to accelerate your blockchain ventures.
Market and monetize enterprise-ready blockchain solutions on the IBM Marketplace. Benefit from global exposure to potential clients, sellers, and an extensive developer community.