What’s new in the IBM Z and LinuxONE Community: Master the Mainframe
Student competition returns for the 15th year in a row
As a next step in the partnership between IBM Developer and the IBM Z and LinuxONE Community platforms, we are launching a weekly blog to keep our developer audience aware of what’s happening in the community site.
This month, the IBM Z and LinuxONE Community is all about the Master the Mainframe contest. As the largest student mainframe competition in the world has returned for its 15th year in a row, many participants and past winners are sharing their past experiences with the contest. We even launched a new video series where successful mainframers talk about their path in the contest and how they initially learned about mainframes. The first episode is already published — check it out:
And don’t forget join the Master the Mainframe User Group!
Finally, to give you a taste of some of the insights you’ll find in the community, here are some recent blog posts:
- Encounter with the mainframe (MtM’19) by Mustafa Mert Askaroglu
- LinuxONE Open Source Software Report: September 2019 by Elizabeth K. Joseph
- Ubuntu 19.10 released with s390x support by Elizabeth K. Joseph
- The mainframe and me by Arjan van Eersel
- In case you missed it: Think Summit 2019 in Brussels by Viktor Albakov
- Try a free VM on LinuxONE and install Node-RED by Barend Baarssen
- Notes from Master the Mainframe 2019, Part 1 by Daniela Morell
- Have z/OS JES3? You have a choice to make by Timothy Sipples
- Awesome digital intelligence resources to prepare everyone on the planet by Melissa Sassi and Misty Decker
- Build your own Z playground in minutes by Joris Mertens