In this tutorial, depending on whether you have IBM BPM or IBM Business Automation Workflow you use the tools in IBMÂ® Process Designeror IBM Workflow Designer to re-create the Hiring Sample process application that is in IBM Process Center/ Workflow Center.
The Hiring Sample process application that you create using the tutorial is similar to the Hiring Sample process application that is already in Process Center. Most of the differences are minor, but there are some important differences:
- The tutorial process application does not have the qualifications section and its business object. The sample demonstrates how to use tabs to present the qualifications.
- The tutorial process application does not have Find Candidates client-side human service.
This tutorial gets you started using Process Designer tool by having you iteratively model and test an instance of a hiring process application. As you complete the lessons, you learn about Process Designer so that you can build your own processes.
Note: This tutorial is a learning exercise that describes one way of modeling, implementing, and testing a process. Depending on your company’s processes and needs, other techniques might be more appropriate.
The tutorial consists of the following lessons:
- Process requirements
- Model the process
- Create the process application
- Create the process
- Model teams
- Add activities and events
- Add sequence flows
- Add event gateways
- Add a timer intermediate event
- Create process variables
- Conduct playback zero
- Implement the process
- Create the user interface
- Plan the user interface
- Create the coach view for the position request data
- Create the coach view for position data
- Create the coach view for person data
- Create the coach view for qualifications
- Create the Create Position Request CSHS client-side human service
- Create the coaches for the Create Position Request CSHS
- Complete the flow for the Create Position Request CSHS
- Create the GM Approval CSHS client-side human service
- Conduct playback two
- Validating coach data
Each lesson in this tutorial builds on the previous lesson so that you can work with the tutorial from beginning to end.