CICS PA V5.4 APAR PI94493 â Exception Summary report enhancements â RFE 63231
To add to all the enhancements in CICS PA V5.4:
the PTF for APAR PI94493 provides additional new function.
Prior to this enhancement, the Exception Summary report provided summarization by transaction id only. It was also a fixed format tabular report that included all exception types regardless of whether the exception records were generated or not.
RFE 63231 requested the following enhancements to the Exception Summary report:
- Provide summarization by APPLID in addition to TRANID
- Provide date and time for the exceptions
- Provide the ability to select the exception fields
Summary of enhancements
CICS PA Exception Summary report provides the following features in response to RFE 63231.
- The user now has the ability to select 1 to 3 summarization key fields from a list of Exception
identification fields including APPLID, START and STOP fields.
- The user can now select the following 3 levels of detail for each Exception type:
- SHORTSUM provides summarization by each Exception type (EXCMNTYP)
- LONGSUM provides summarization by exception type plus resource type (EXCMNRTY)
- LONGSUM(RESID) provides summarization by exception type plus resource type plus resource id (EXCMNRID)