New to dashDB and want to learn more? You’re in the right place. Here are some basics steps you can follow to get up and running fast on dashDB.
Get started with dashDB for Analytics
Watch this quick video to show you how to provision the dashDB service and load some data. Or follow the steps below.
- Sign up. If you haven’t done so already, sign up for a free IBM Bluemix trial account. (Bluemix is IBM’s open cloud platform for building, running, and managing applications. More on Bluemix.)
- Create the dashDB service. In Bluemix, from the menu on any page, choose Catalog. Then, on the left side of the page, turn on the Data and Analytics checkbox (or, at the top of the page, search for dashDB). Click dashDB for Analytics and when the dashDB page opens, click Create.
- Load data. Now with your database service running, get your data into dashDB. You may want to start with the Load from desktop tutorial. Or, in the menu at the top of this page, click Load and browse for the tutorial that best fits your data source.
- Analyze. You can use whatever business intelligence tool you choose. Here are some some easy ways to start or to connect to your own apps and tools:
More Analysis Resources
- Want to analyze JSON documents quickly? Check out the tutorial on dashDB’s integration with Cloudant.
- To get your hands dirty with the open source R language for statistics (which is embedded in dashDB) watch this tutorial on dashDB and R.