Using the IBM Watson Natural Language Classifier service, you can train a model to classify text according to classes you define. IBM Watson Studio provides a collaborative environment in the cloud where you can work with your text and your Natural Language Classifier models.
Natural Language Classifier service features
IBM Watson Natural Language Classifier is a service on IBM Cloud. You can use the service in your Watson Studio projects or outside of Watson Studio.
- Classify natural language text – Train classifiers with your text examples
- Multiple languages supported – English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Spanish
- API – Use your trained classifier in applications that you develop
- Multi-category classification – List results for multiple classes for given text input
- Multi-phrase classification – Classify up to 30 separate text inputs in a single API request
Create a project
Watch this short video to see how to create both an empty project and a project from a sample.
Create and Train a Natural Language Classifier Model
The Natural Language Classifier model builder in Watson Studio makes it quick and easy to train and test classifiers. This video shows you how to create a Natural Language Classifier model, and train the model using customer support ticket text examples to classify loan types such as vehicle loans, personal loans, payday loans, and so on. Source for the data file: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Edit and Retrain a Natural Language Classifier Model
This video shows you how to edit a Natural Language Classifier model to add new classes, consolidate classes, and filter and edit text examples that exceed the 1024 character limit. Source for the data file: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau