The IBM Watson Visual Recognition service uses deep learning algorithms to analyze images for scenes, objects, faces, and other content. IBM Watson Studio provides a collaborative environment in the cloud where you can work with your images and your Visual Recognition custom models.
Visual Recognition is a service on IBM Cloud. You can use the service in your Watson Studio projects or outside of Watson Studio.
- Built-in models
- General model – Default classification from thousands of classes
- Face model – Facial analysis with age and gender
- Explicit model – Whether an image is inappropriate for general use
- Food model – Specifically for images of food items
- Text model – Text extraction from natural scene images
- Custom models – Classify images according to your specific needs
- Core ML – Include your custom models in iOS apps
You can find details about supported plans and features on the Visual Recognition service details page in the IBM Cloud catalog.
Use Case: Leverage Visual Recognition Models for Insurance Claims
This video shows how to leverage AI recommendation models (Watson Machine Learning and Visual Recognition) with IBM Case Manager to check the validity of insurance claims.
Get Started With Visual Recognition in Watson Studio
Create, Train, and Test a Visual Recognition Model
Retrain a Visual Recognition Model
Build an Aerial Photography Model
Earn a Watson Studio Visual Recognition Essentials Badge
If you’re using Watson Studio Visual Recognition, consider earning the Watson Studio Visual Recognition Essentials IBM Open Badge to share verified proof of your achievement.