Team members

See all advocates »

Related videos

How to Run Cloud Foundry Apps – Lunch & Learn

Recorded: Dec 12, 2017

Learn from some of the core contributors of Cloud Foundry (CF) on how to get your app running, scaling, and connecting to a catalog of services. Plus we will also discuss debugging, logging, and various tips and tricks and give you an overview of the platform so that you understand how your app runs on containers managed by CF Diego and powered by runC and also how your service connections are portable with the new Open Service Broker specification.

How Will AI Affect Me – Lunch & Learn

Recorded: Nov 29, 2017

The San Francisco Developer Advocacy team hosted another great Lunch & Learn event. We have long heard the narrative about how data scientists contribute to AI, but what about the rest of us? Do the robots just take our jobs? Join us during your lunch hour to find out how all the AI pieces fit together. Explore jargon with easily digestible examples and leave feeling more confident in conversations about AI. Amara Keller, IBM Developer Advocate, did a great session for technical and non-technical folks looking to understand machine learning and deep learning fundamentals without the complex math.

Introduction to Kubernetes – Lunch & Learn

Recorded: Nov 22, 2017

The San Francisco Developer Advocacy team hosted another great Lunch & Learn event. The topic was Kubernetes. The session covered what is Kubernetes, how it works and what are its benefits?

What Is Machine Learning for the Enterprise – Lunch & Learn

Recorded: Nov 9, 2017

This event was an absolute beginner’s guide to machine learning for the enterprise.

Supercharge Your APIs with OpenAPI: Lunch and Learn

Recorded: Oct 19, 2017

Erin McKean covers the OpenAPI spec (formerly known as Swagger), what it is, and how using the spec makes it easier to plan, create, test, and share your APIs?

Containers (Microservices) 101: Lunch and Learn

Recorded: Sep 13, 2017

In September we hosted another successful Lunch and Learn event. This time we covered Containers 101 (Microservices) and of course we served a delicious lunch.

Related blog posts

Why do I attend so many meetups?

by JeanCarl Bisson · on January 12, 2018

In the heart of Silicon Valley, there are so many meetups, conferences, hackathons, and events to go to, it can become overwhelming with so many options. For some, these events even become part of their personal life*. A couple of weeks ago, I was reviewing the events I attended last year (part of my yearly retrospective) and looked at what I learned or gained from attending them.

Continue reading Why do I attend so many meetups?

Ravi,

by JeanCarl Bisson · on January 10, 2018

Ravi,

Continue reading Ravi,

Build Your First AI AR App on Unity

by Amara Keller · on January 4, 2018

I’ve been busy trying to make a demo that incorporates Watson API Services on Unity for workshops in early 2018. Naturally most of my time has been sunk into making it as overly complicated for myself as possible.

Continue reading Build Your First AI AR App on Unity

How to Learn Unity and Watson

by Amara Keller · on December 29, 2017

I’ll let you in on a little secret. Shh, don’t tell anyone. My favorite part of the year is right now — when people go on vacation, the office gets quiet, and I get to dig myself out of the “TODO hole” I’ve created for myself over the course of the entire rest of the year.

Continue reading How to Learn Unity and Watson

1 Watson Conversation Gotcha

by Amara Keller · on December 29, 2017

When working with Watson Conversation, like any conversational bot builder, there are a few gotchas.

Continue reading 1 Watson Conversation Gotcha

Upcoming events

See all community events »

Related links

Ask Erin about OpenAPI

Do you have questions about OpenAPI, APIs or anything related? Sign up for virtual office hours with Erin (click the title to sign up)

Ask JeanCarl about Watson

Do you have questions about Watson, TJ Bot and Node-RED? Sign up for virtual office hours with JeanCarl (click the title to sign up).

Ask Marek about IBM Cloud

Do you have questions about the IBM Cloud and its services? Sign up for virtual office hours with Marek (click the title to sign up).

Ask Amara about Chatbots

Do you have questions about Chatbots, AR/VR, and AI? Sign up for virtual office hours with Amara (click the title to sign up).