Team members

[code-advocates city=”san francisco”]

See all advocates »

Related videos

Introduction to Istio – Online Meetup

Recorded: July 10, 2018

In our fourth Containers series online meetup we will cover Istio. Istio is an open source software to connect, manage, and secure containerized applications.

Introduction to Kubernetes – Online Meetup

Recorded: July 3, 2018

In our third Containers series, we will cover Kubernetes. Kubernetes is an open-source software for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.

Introduction to Docker – Online Meetup

Recorded: June 26, 2018

In our second Containers series webinar we will cover Docker. Docker is an open source software that helps containerize software with three magic words: code, ship, run.

Introduction to Containers – Online Meetup

Recorded: June 19, 2018

You probably heard about software containers (or Docker), but not sure what containers are or what containers are for? Regardless of your experience, it is important you understand the fundamentals around containers.

Learn How to Build a Chatbot with Watson AI and Dashbot Analytics – Online Meetup

Recorded: May 17, 2018

Online meetuped hosted by Dashbot & IBM to learn how to build a chatbot with analytics.

Easy Secure APIs with LoopBack and Auth0 – Lunch & Learn

Recorded: April 3, 2018

In this video, you’ll learn how to build a full CRUD API — including user authentication — and a simple front-end client using LoopBack and Auth0.

Related blog posts

Serverless – simply an approach to building modern applications?

by maxkatz · on September 21, 2018

If you search for “serverless” you find that serverless is a new popular way to build modern applications. Is serverless really new? Serverless refers to the notion that you don’t need to worry about servers – you don’t need to provision, deploy, maintain servers. Obviously there are servers but you don’t need to think or … Continue reading Serverless – simply an approach to building modern applications?

What I Learned Attending a Serverless Conference

by maxkatz · on August 29, 2018

Four weeks ago (this week) I attended the Serverlessconf in San Francisco. The following are my notes, observations, opinions and pictures from the conference (in no particular order). Serverless Awesome 😎 Serverless is awesome because: Build apps faster Development focused Serverless architecture offers the most productivity and agility Never think about servers Never think about … Continue reading What I Learned Attending a Serverless Conference

Java ☕️ and a little cloud ☁️ dashboard for a microservice developer ‍‍

by Marek Sadowski · on August 9, 2018

July was a great slow month to enjoy some of summer on the Nothern Hemisphere. I spent even more time with my son trying to bond as his partner in his Fortnite battle royal. I developed some survival skills, but my son is so much better in the game tactics — of course!

Continue reading Java ☕️ and a little cloud ☁️ dashboard for a microservice developer ‍‍

This is great work! What is the name of the file where you are making the changes?

by Developer Advocate in Silicon Valley · on July 29, 2018

This is great work! What is the name of the file where you are making the changes?

Continue reading This is great work! What is the name of the file where you are making the changes?

How to Pass Parameters to a Cloud Function

by maxkatz · on July 28, 2018

In my previous blog post I showed how to invoke an external REST API from a cloud function. The API that I used returns a random (Chuck Norris 💪) joke. In this blog post I want to show you to how pass a parameter to the cloud function. We can pass a joke number to … Continue reading How to Pass Parameters to a Cloud Function

Upcoming events

[code-events city=san francisco status=upcoming count=5]

See all community events »

Related links

Online Meetup

Register for an upcoming live online meetup or watch previously recorded meetups