Date(s) - December 13, 2017
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
NOTE: All IBM Code Tech Talks are held at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (North America) unless otherwise specified. A replay of the presentation will be available for viewing on our YouTube Channel immediately after the call.
Data science is hot. Suddenly schools, businesses, planners, even politicians, practically everyone is trumpeting the need for data science as an integral part of decision-making. And that puts data scientists in a great position — they’re able to work on data and build analytical models to provide the insights that organizations need to make strategic decisions.
You can see the benefits of data science insight all around us. Here are a few examples:
- Retailers use trend analysis in online shopping platforms to recommend products to shoppers.
- Insurers analyze data to predict risk.
- Manufacturers monitor asset health and predict equipment failures in plants and assembly lines.
A data science project typically requires continuous feedback from domain experts to be successful. Business people understand this and want to actively work with the data scientist to provide feedback on the insights. The difficulty is in trying to bridge the gap between data scientists and business users. The data scientist needs to provide a full solution view, complete with visualization at every stage, to solicit meaningful feedback from business people. The success of a Data Science project is directly dependent on the level and frequency of interaction between data scientists and business users.
In this talk, we will show how to bridge the gap between data scientists and the business community using IBM Data Science Experience and Node-RED to make the project a success.
- Balaji Kadambi: Balaji is a Solutions Architect at IBM Software Labs. He has over 18 yrs of experience with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. He has rich experience in IoT, Data Modeling, Databases, Architecting and development of Java, J2EE applications across different business domains.
- Orchestrate data science workflows using Node-RED
- 3 biggest challenges of a data scientist
- A day in the life of a data scientist
- More Data Science Patterns
- More Analytics Patterns
The IBM Code Tech Talks are a series of calls and demos where IBM Code pattern project owners peel back the covers of their pattern projects, sharing functions, techniques, challenges, and goals.
The series is designed to help you understand more about the patterns currently on IBM Code, introduce you to the developers, communities, and ecosystems that are driving open source innovation at IBM, and help you discover opportunities to use and contribute to these projects and connect with the innovators and communities behind them.
To see previously recorded IBM Code Tech Talks, visit the IBM Code YouTube channel.