The great thing about software development is that there is always something new to learn! The terrible thing about software development is that there is always something new to learn! Luckily, there are tons of wonderful people sharing their knowledge every week in helpful and entertaining newsletters … and unfortunately, it can be really easy...
Creating REST APIs has always been a challenging job. LoopBack, a highly extensible open source Node.js API framework, is meant to make that experience easy. IBM API Connect provides the tools to use with LoopBack projects. In this developer pattern, we’ll demonstrate the basic flows to create and expose REST APIs using LoopBack.
- User scaffolds API using LoopBack CLI.
- User links to Compose for MongoDB data source.
- User generates the model objects.
- User configures the ACL.
- User prepares the manifests for deployment.
- User pushes app to Bluemix® Cloud Foundry.