This pattern shows you how to deploy the Hyper Protect SDK for Apple® CareKit® and consume it from the sample CareKit app.
CareKit is an open source framework that helps users better understand and manage their health by creating dynamic care plans, tracking symptoms, connecting to care teams, and more. CareKit itself doesn’t include a back end, so it’s up to the developers to include a back end of their choice. This typically means implementing the synchronization API for their cloud provider of choice. IBM was one of the first cloud providers to implement the synchronization API, and consumed the Hyper Protect set of offerings to provide a HIPAA-ready back end.
When you’re done with this code pattern, you’ll understand how to:
- Deploy a sample CareKit app
- Deploy Hyper Protect Virtual Server and Hyper Protect DBaaS
- Connect CareKit to the back end using the synchronization API (Hyper Protect SDK for CareKit)
- User enters health data in CareKit sample app. CareKit GUI consumes Hyper Protect SDK for CareKit (implementation of synchronization API) on the front end.
- Hyper Protect SDK communicates with the back end (Hyper Protect MBaaS for CareKit).
- Hyper Protect MBaaS for CareKit consumes Hyper Protect DBaaS (MongoDB).
Get detailed instructions in the README file. These instructions explain how to:
- Set up the account.
- Deploy a sample app with CareKit.
- Deploy a Hyper Protect Virtual Server instance.
- Deploy an IBM Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB instance.
- Integrate IBM Hyper Protect with the sample app.