In our latest episode, we talk with one of our Toronto-based design managers, Tala El Hallak. Tala has been with IBM Z for four years, and her journey has been nothing short of incredible.
Tala began her tenure as a visual designer in our Toronto lab (back when it was a team of just two). Since then, she has been fortunate to work on a multitude of design projects for IBM Z. She served as a design coach for our Patterns program, and she’s recently taken on the role of design manager at that same lab where she first began with IBM!
This episode traverses many topics, including:
- Tala’s journey to design
- Her prior roles and projects in IBM Z
- What it means to be a “people manager” at IBM
- Managing teams in the virtual workspace
- The design culture at IBM Z
- The IBM Patterns program
- How an aspiring young designer might join her team
We’re glad you stopped by to have a listen. If you haven’t checked out our other episodes in the Z DevOps Talks podcast, be sure to give them a listen today!