About this video
In this episode of “A strong cup of Java,” Steve Perry talks about cloud-native Java and microservices. Understand why microservices architecture is so important, learn how to create a microservice, see what it means for you as a developer, and find out where you can learn more.
- N-Tier architecture definition
- Packaging monolithic applications
- OpenJ9 JIT compiling
- Docker containers for microservices
- SubstrateVM and AOT for native images
- “Creating a RESTful web service” (Open Liberty Guides)
- “Using Docker containers to develop microservices” (Open Liberty Guides)
- “Why should you use microservices and containers?” (IBM Developer, November 2018)
- Jakarta EE
- IBM Developer Microservices technology page
- Open Liberty
About this series
Join Steve Perry, Java developer, as he brings you the latest news and updates from the Java community. Visit the show page for more episodes.