As promised, folks, we present this season’s Episode 2 featuring the man, the myth, the legend: Jon Sayles. Jon is equal parts most interesting man in the world, fountain of knowledge, and extoller of IBM’s Developer for z/OS.
In this episode, Jon shares with us his thoughts on topics including:
- ADFz/IDz and the modern workbench
- Why developers say they are faster on ISPF 3270
- The impact of confirmation bias on deciding to adopt new tools, resources, and methodologies
- Institutional knowledge — what is it?
- Training your people, and training them well
- A story about Autocoder
- Various other musings on the Z-life