Learning Objectives: Understand the best practices in Cloud Security (case studies specific to Industrial Sector):
- Outline security responsibilities of host company : Patch Management, Access Management
- Data Classification and ascertaining security policies for critical data • Identify business critical data, example Production Data, Access to Equipment • Allocate resources as top priority for business-critical data
- Standardized process for code certification, supplier certification etc.
- Data Encryption • Data in Cloud Encryption e.g. real time production data, real time drilling data, design data for field operations • Data at Rest Encryption e.g. seismic data
- Mandatory Multi-Factor Authentication (preferably with means other than Text Messages): Should be applied to all Edge devices in the field, Real time drilling center access as well as all devices being accessed remotely
- Digital Signatures for System to System connectivity e.g. drilling systems accessing exploration data
- PKI Security to set up roles, responsibilities, procedures and policies to create, store, manage and revoke digital certificates for access to cloud
Expected Outcomes: Practitioners should be able to apply cloud security methods to mitigate cyber risks, in a practicable manner. We will also discuss a Point of View on Zero Trust Network Architecture.
Session Type: Learning module Delivery Method: Lecture, Case Study Tags: #Security #CloudSecurity #HybridCloud
BIO – Rima Bose is a cybersecurity consultant at IBM. She has been in the IT industry for more than a decade, as a developer, business analyst and project manager. In her current role, she is a part of the Consulting and Systems Integration practice at IBM, where she advises clients on their security strategy and roadmap.
3:00 am UTCBreakout
4:00 am UTCBreakout
6:00 am UTCBreakout