A detail view shows more specific information about an entity.
A detail view consists of one or more inner panels. An anchor page defines the layout of these inner panels. For example, the Order Detail anchor page includes all inner panels relevant to Order Detail and defines how they should be laid out horizontally.
The anchor page is optional. If an anchor page is not specified, the inner panels within the detail view are automatically laid out vertically one after another.
Each inner panel consists of fields along with a title bar that contains zero or more words (known as “actions”) that enable the opening of a new detail window, and zero or more icons (known as “views”) that enable the opening of a pop-up window. This inner panel title bar with actions and views is described as the “Action bar.”
A detail view makes use of multiple APIs. These APIs are considered as follows:
- You can define a detail API for each entity.
- Each detail view can specify multiple APIs to call.
- Each detail view consists of inner panels and each inner panel can specify multiple APIs to call.
Additionally, you can configure a detail view so that it does not call the default detail API.
A detail view consists of one or more of the following elements:
- Inner panelâ€”one or more.
- JSP pageâ€”anchor page defined by the view ID within the Resource Hierarchy tree.
- Save Actionâ€”one or more.