You can add columns to a standard table by following a set of guidelines.
When extending the columns of standard tables, keep the following considerations in mind:
- You can only add columns to tables as specified in the ERDs.
- You cannot remove or modify any columns.
- You can add columns either before or after installing the application.
- For all columns added to an application database table, you must provide a default value that is relevant to the database framework.
- You cannot use nullable columns for the following fields:
- Primary Key Attributes
- Entity Relationships
- You cannot add columns with a data type of
- When using application components (such as events and user exits) that read in a map or publish a map (such as the GetOrderNoUE user exit), extended fields in the maps are prefixed with
- When using non-ASCII characters, ensure that the Name and XMLName attributes are passed where appropriate.
Hence, in the entity XML,
Nullable="true" is allowed for all columns except the ones noted above.
Note: In DB2 database, the Data data type is generated as