Warning: Some action plug-ins from IBM are specific to the version of the SDK that the plug-in ships with. Using a plug-in with other versions of the SDK might lead to unexpected behavior.
- Android Actions – The actions in the field are available to use in Android push notifications. You can add standard actions or define custom actions for the Android app.
- iOS Actions – The actions in the field are available to use in iOS push notifications. You can add standard actions or define custom actions for the iOS app.
- iOS Categories – The action categories in the field are available to use in iOS push notifications. Click New category to add an action category that you already defined in your iOS app.
- Windows Actions – The actions in the field are available to use in Windows push notifications. You can add standard actions or define custom actions for the Windows app.
- Open app
- Open dialer
- Open URL
- Show Inbox Notification (not available for Windows)
Action with a “type” value other than Open dialer, Open app, or Open URL.
Customed standard action
Action with a “type” value of Open Dialer, Open app, or Open URL but with non-default values for one or more of the other key: value pairs. Marketers do not have to re-enter basic information each time they use the action.
Adding actions to action type example
In this example, there are a total of 5 actions that a developer can add to the app(s): 2 DIAL actions, 2 URL actions, and 1 OPEN_APP action. Marketers can choose to add up to 4 actions to their notification for each Action type.
Tooltips are available for all actions and categories by clicking the icon.
Example use case
A mobile app developer can create a DIAL action and hardcode the phone number for Tech Support. This would allow a marketer to select this Tech Support DIAL action for use in a push notification and not need to enter a phone number.
Go Back to the Mobile App Messaging home page.