IBMÂ® Mobile App Messaging provides a simple way to integrate Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) with your iOS (iPhone & iPad) 7.0 and above applications.The iOS SDK provides mobile app developers with APNs registration and mobile app message handling and display capabilities for iOS apps.
To quickly get started with basic mobile app messages in your iOS app, see Getting started with basic mobile app messages in iOS apps (Objective C) or Getting started with basic mobile app messagiges in iOS apps (Swift). A roadmap of the entire mobile app messaging process in Watson Campaign Automation is available at Roadmap: Mobile app messaging configuration process. To learn more about basic concepts of the iOS SDK, see the topics listed under Learn more.
After you have basic mobile app messaging operational, you can customize your build with advanced options. Tutorials provide end-to-end instructions about advanced mobile app messaging features. For information about common use cases, see Table 1, and for a complete list of tutorials, see the topics listed under Tutorials.
Go Back to the Mobile App Messaging home page.
|How do I…||Go to…|
|Find out about URL, dial, and, open App actions?||Advanced iOS push actions and action categories|
|Learn more about users and channels?||Advanced push attributes for iOS|
|Create an Add to Calendar action for my mobile app message?||Action plug-ins for enhanced notifications|
|Integrate the Cordova plug-in with my Android mobile app?||Getting Started with mobile app messaging in apps created in Cordova|
- Notification controls and detecting incoming mobile app messages
- Canceling incoming mobile app messages in iOS 10 when the app is open
- Roadmap: Mobile app messaging configuration process
- Enabling in-app messaging in iOS apps
- Enabling inbox notifications in iOS apps
- Sending silent notifications in iOS apps
- Adding media attachments to mobile app messages in iOS 10
- Configuring the iOS SDK for geofence and beacon integration
- Sending mobile app messages through your Newstand-enabled mobile app
- Advanced iOS push actions and action categories
- Advanced push attributes for iOS
- Advanced push locating registration details
- Detecting the iOS SDK on your app
- Immediate and pending events for iOS
- Installing the iOS SDK by using the CocoaPods dependency manager
- Integrate Swift with iOS SDK
- Manually integrating the iOS SDK using Objective-C
- Manually integrating the iOS SDK using Swift
- Mobile app messages for iOS
- Setting log-level message types
- Setting the baseURL