We encourage you to become familar with and to use Postman as the XML API Test Harness will be deprecated within the coming months.
XML API Test Harness
A robust XML API that gives developers access to the feature set of the Watson Campaign Automation
The Test Harness is a live test environment that is designed to be used with the XML API developer content. Use the Test Harness to test your XML. You can also see sample XML codes for different APIs to get an idea of the structure and required information needed to make the API request.
Test Harness compressed file
Download the Test Harness file.
The compressed file contains the following content:
- Watson Campaign Automation XML APIs – Test Harness.html
Areas of the Test Harness
The following list identifies the areas of the Test Harness:
- API: Gives the ability to choose the API you want to test. Once selected, you see a sample XML for that request in the XML area. You can modify the sample XML or paste your own.
- Host: Specify the Watson Campaign Automation Pod that your organization is set up on. You can find this information in the Login URL to the Watson Campaign Automation. For example, the ‘6’ in the URL, https://login6.silverpop.com, indicates the organization on Pod 6.
- jsessionid: The jsessionid is required for all User Action APIs. You see this ID in the right of the window. It is in response to the Login request.
- XML: Contains XML code for the API.
- The right side of the Test Harness shows the responses for your API requests.
The URL used to specify API calls relates to the URL used when directly accessing the IBM Watson Campaign Automation with a Web browser.
The URL used to specify API calls
The URL used to specify API calls relates to the URL used when directly accessing the Watson Campaign Automation with a web browser.
If your organization accesses the Watson Campaign Automation through the engage1.silverpop.com URL, you use the XML API on Pod 1 (api1.ibmmarketingcloud.com/XMLAPI). If you access the Watson Campaign Automation through the engage2.silverpop.com URL, then you use the XML APIs on Pod 2.
Submit Watson Campaign Automation API requests to URLs
Submit each API request to the URL specified in the table.