The UI Capture SDK comes with an extensive capability of data capture functionality, but the framework can also be extended to enable capture of a wide variety of custom data.
|Supported browsers, application types, and protocols||Impact on your website||Download and install the UI Capture SDK|
|UI Capture SDK Tutorials||Other related documentation|
Supported browsers, application types, and protocols for UI Capture
- IE 11.0 and Microsoft Edge
- Firefox 30.0 and later
- Chrome 30 and later
- iOS 7 Mobile Safari and later
Note about Acoustic Tealeaf CX on-prem
For replay, the Tealeaf RealiTea Viewer uses an embedded instance of the version of Internet Explorer that is installed on the local machine. Replay of Tealeaf sessions in Tealeaf RealiTea Viewer (RTV), the stand-alone application for desktop replay, requires Internet Explorer support. If Internet Explorer is not supported by your enterpriseâ€™s IT department, basic replay can be managed through the browser.
Creation of events that monitor JSON-based data that is submitted from Acoustic Tealeaf UI Capture is not supported in Tealeaf RealiTea Viewer. You must use Browser-Based Replay to create events from these versions of UI Capture.
Supported application types
All modern web applications are supported with the following exceptions:
- Applications based on browser plugins, such as Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight
- Java applets
- Applications that render on HTML Canvas
- Applications that use Shadow DOM will be captured with the following limitations:
- Shadow DOM in closed mode will not be captured.
- Polymer shimmed apps cannot be captured with UIC even if they do not use Shadow DOM.
- Applications created using Polymer version 1.x may not be replayable.
- Applications with deeply nested DOM trees are likely to encounter performance issues.
- loadWithFrames event will continue to work for frames/iframes in the main document. This event is not supported for frames/iframes within a Shadow DOM tree.
Supported protocolsAcoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) supports HTTP and HTTPS for request and response communication between client and server.
Acoustic Tealeaf does not currently support any other protocols, such as HTTP streaming, HTTP push, or non-HTTP protocols, such as RTMP. Verify that your application does not use non-HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
Impact on your website
The UI Capture library is designed to minimize the load on the web server and the web page running in the browser.
Web server optimizations can further improve performance through server-side compression and caching settings.
The amount of data captured by the UI Capture SDK and the size of the network requests will depend on the size of the application pages, overall design of the application with respect to DOM mutations and the frequency of data capture configured within the library. It is strongly recommended to conduct application performance tests after integration and before deploying into production.
UI Capture SDK Tutorials
- Getting started with the installation and deployment of the UI Capture
- Verifying the target page
- Uninstalling UI Capture
- Specifying regular expressions for test data
- Configuring settings and features with the Configuration wizard
- Configuring DOM Capture and Replay for Native iOS applications that cannot use Passive Capture Application
- Configuring DOM Capture and Replay for native Android applications that cannot use Passive Capture Application
- Configure DOM Capture
- Configuring DOM capture and replay
- Configuring DOM Capture and Replay for Hybrid applications
- Capturing gestures in your application
- How do I implement conditional initialization with the UI Capture SDK?
- Implementing the Tealeaf Web Worker script for enhanced performance
Other related documentation for Acoustic Analytics, Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf), and Digital Analytics
- Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) Android SDK overview: Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) SDK for Android, standard and mobile editions
- Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) iOS SDK overview: Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) SDK for iOS, standard and mobile editions
- Tutorials for the SDK Manager: Getting started with the SDK Manager for Windows, Getting started with the SDK Manager for MacOS X and Linux
- Digital Analytics Android SDK overview: The Digital Analytics SDK for Android
- Digital Analytics iOS SDK overview: The Digital Analytics SDK for iOS