After you purchase WMI, you receive a technical welcome kit. This kit includes the following information:
- A link to your account profile. You will access this account by using your IBM id.
- Instructions for accessing WMI and inviting others to access WMI.
- The API key. You need to include this API key to authenticate all of your WMI API calls. For more information about managing your API keys, see How to create and manage API keys.
- OpenStack Swift Object Storage credentials. These credentials are separate from the API key. You
need them to upload your encrypted customer data files, just before you import them into WMI.
- Information on WMI technical community and support.
If you have any other questions involving your technical welcome kit, contact IBM support at