Skill Level: Any
- DOM Capture operates on a page level.
- Privacy Rules that specify regular expressions as identifiers are currently not supported for this release. Â
- DOM Capture can be replayed only in BBR.
Use the Configuration wizard.
DOM Capture is part of the Replay module. To enable DOM Capture, you must enable the Replay module.
- Enable DOM Capture.
- Enable DOM diff (default) or disable DOM diff.
Note: DOM Diff functionality is not supported for replaying Hybrid Mobile apps.
- Configure maximum threshold size for the DOM Capture message.
- Configure user interaction triggers for DOM Capture (for example, screenview load or user clicks), including waiting for same-origin frames and iframes to load before capturing a screenview.
- Optional. Configure custom events to trigger DOM Capture.
- Optional. Specify whether same-origin frames and iframes are captured. The default setting is to capture same-origin frames and iframes.
- Optional. Specify whether scripts are removed. The default setting is to remove the scripts.
Use the Configuration wizard to be sure the DOM Capture includes the same-origin frames and iframes.
DOM Capture on page load occurs as soon as the page itself has completed loading. If the page has same-origin frames or iframes, the browser does not wait for them to load before the DOM Capture occurs. If you configure DOM Capture snapshot to trigger on the page load trigger (i.e. screenview name â€śrootâ€ť) then there is a chance that the frame content may not be captured.
Configure these DOM Capture settings with the Configuration wizard.
- Threshold for snapshots – The maximum size a snapshot can be and still be sent. Any snapshots over this threshold are not sent. The threshold is the character length of the serialized HTML.
- DOM Capture event triggers – events that trigger a DOM Capture. Default event triggers include:
- Click – any click event triggers a DOM Capture
- Change – any change to a specific screenview triggers a DOM Capture
- Load – any load of a specific screenview event triggers a DOM Capture
- Unload – any unload of a specific screenview event triggers a DOM Capture
Load and unload triggers support regex matching of screenview names.
- Custom DOM Capture triggers – Create a custom trigger, for example trigger a DOM Capture at Login. If you want DOM Capture to wait until all of the same-origin frames on a page are loaded you configure a “load” trigger for the “rootWithFrames” screenview in the DOM configuration. You must also configure the custom event “loadWithFrames” in the Replay module.
- (Optional) Specify if a full DOM snapshot should be captured for a specific trigger, including when DOM Diff is enabled.
- Capture frames – Whether you want to capture child Frames and iFrames. If the child frame and iframes do not contain business critical data, you do not need to capture them. Not capturing frames saves on the amount of data that is captured and sent over the network.
- Remove scripts – Whether script tags are removed from the captured snapshot. Scripts should be normally removed as they are not required for replay and add to the overhead of transmission and storage.