Skill Level: Intermediate
Review the UI Capture SDK overview for system prerequisites, supported browsers, and guidelines and tips before installing.
Download the UI Capture SDK
There are three methods to download the UI Capture SDK:
- A user account with administrator privileges is required to access the UI Capture SDK on the IBM Cloud portal.
- Login to the IBM Tealeaf cloud portal.
- Select the â€śAdminâ€ť link in your username dropdown to go to the Admin Management page.
- Select the â€śApplicationsâ€ť tab.
- Select the â€śConfigureâ€ť link for the application to launch the UI Capture SDK configuration wizard.
- Download and configure the UI Capture SDK using the configuration wizard.
- The UI Capture SDK release bundle is also available from Fix Central in the IBM Support portal.
- Login to the IBM Support portal: https://www.ibm.com/support
- Select Fix Central from the Downloads dropdown menu.
- On Fix Central landing page, make the following choices:
- Product Selector â€“ Tealeaf Customer Experience
- Installed Version â€“ All
- Platform â€“ Windows
- On the Identify fixes page enter â€śUI Captureâ€ť in the text search field and press Continue.
- On the results page, sort by Release date to get the latest UI Capture SDK release bundle.
- The Production build of the UI Capture SDK, tealeaf.js, can be obtained from the W3C folder. The example configuration file, defaultconfiguration.js, is in the root folder.
- The UI Capture SDK release bundle can also be found publicly on GitHub.
- Select the zip file from https://github.com/ibm-watson-cxa/SDK_Tools/tree/master/SDKPackages/tealeaf/UICapture
Do not bundle the UI Capture SDK with unrelated scripts. Doing so creates an unnecessary dependency between otherwise completely independent scripts. The UI Capture SDK can be bundled with 3rd party scripts that it has dependencies on, such as pako, hammer, and jQuery.
To capture all user interaction with the page, the script must be statically included at the top of the HTML page in the <head> section as follows:
<script async src=”/scripts/tealeaf.js”></script>
You installed the UI Capture SDK. Next, implement and configure UI Capture for your website!