Skill Level: Intermediate
Not what youâ€™re looking for? Check out all our available tutorials for mobile app messaging here.
1. First remove the existing SDK plugins that are currently installed. If one of these is not currently installed, you don’t need to execute the command to remove it.
2. Modify AndroidManifest.xml. Remove all nodes of the type <service>, <receiver>, <provider> with the android:name starting with com.ibm.mce.sdk or co.acoustic.mobile.push.
3. Now install the 3.8.0 new SDK plugins, replacing <path to download> with the location of the 3.8.0 SDK download. You only need to reinstall the plugins you previously used.
iOS project changes
1. Open Project in Xcode, select project’s General tab and drag the AcousticMobilePush.framework into the Frameworks, libraries and embedded content section. Verify that Embed and sign is selected in dropdown.
2. Select the Build settings tab.
3. Search for Framework Search Paths, double click on setting value, and drag in enclosing folder of the AcousticMobilePush.framework.
Android project changes
1. Open project in Android Studio.
2. Note: You may need to invalidate caches and restart Android Studio. You may also need to adjust MainApplication.java file due to bugs in React Native’s unlink implementation.
React Native does not yet support dark mode. There are multiple plugins that aim to fill that void and the main project also intends to provide support in the future. However, none of these options are ready today.
Need more help? Check out all of our available tutorials for mobile app messaging here.