Since v8001 CF11 the Digital Data Connector (DDC) has been available in IBM WebSphere Portal to provide a simplified but comprehensive approach to data integration. Whether you’re conversant with writing application code or not DDC provides a great way to integrate data with reduced time and effort.
DDC has some significant time saving benefits:
- Web designers can full control over the visual appearance of the data
- We designers can easily visualize external data just as they do with Web Content Manager content
- Data can be made consistent with the corporate design of the website by reusing existing Web Content Manager components
- You no longer need the help of software developers or the IT department to adjust the display of your data
- Updates can be managed in project scope, this way the approval / preview cycle can be maintained until finally published