PrerequisitesScript Portlet is supported on WebSphere Portal versions 8.5 and 22.214.171.124. However, to use all of its features, WebSphere Portal 8.5 with CF05 is highly recommended.
DownloadYou can download the latest release of Script Portlet here.
InstallThe Script Portlet download package includes a .paa file that you need to install on your Portal server using the Solution Installer utility. You can read the complete installation instructions here. For using the command-line features you should also install the command-line push support on your client workstation as described here.
Watch VideoYou can see a short Script Portlet 1.3 demo video here for a high level overview showing key features.
Explore SamplesYou can download and explore the latest Script Portlet samples from here. These samples can be published to your server all at once using the batch file that is packaged along with the samples. This will make all the samples available on the WebSphere Portal site toolbar. From there you can drag and drop them onto any page to try them out and explore the source.
- This introductory slide deck has a overview of Script Portlet, highlighting the new features for 1.3: Developing with IBM Script Portlet 1.3
- This article gives details about using the versatile command-line tools: Using Command Line Push to Deploy Script Portlet Applications
- See this article for more information on Script Portlet integration with revision control systems and on moving code across integration, staging, and production: Script Portlet and Source Code Management Across Environments
- Here is a collection of recommended Script Portlet best practices: Script Portlet Development Best Practices
- Read this article to learn about using single page applications with Script Portlet: Using Single Page Applications with Script Portlet
- You can always find the latest Script Portlet articles published here: Script Portlet Docs
- The complete product documentation Knowledge Center is available here: IBM Script Portlet for WebSphere Portal version 1.3
- For any questions, issues, and feedback on Script Portlet you can use this area of the dW Answers forum: dW Answers Script Portlet topics