The annual INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research is kicking off on Sunday 10th of April, 2016. A team of IBMers will be at INFORMS to talk analytics and share ideas, including workshops, tutorials, a booth, and several talks.
INFORMS Business Analytics and Operations Research conference attracts close to 1000 analytics evangelists from across the world, including Chief Data Officers, Analysts, and Researchers, and Line of Business analytics practitioners. This event is known for its cross-industry solutions focus, networking and sharing of best practices, as well as the prestigious Edelman Award Gala where the best-of-the-best in analytics showcase the value they bring to real-world solutions.
It’s not surprising that over the years 4 times more Edelman finalists used IBM’s CPLEX Optimizer than any other solver!
IBM is a Platinum Sponsor of this event and a team of IBMers will be at INFORMS to talk analytics, optimization, prediction, and generally have a good time meeting and sharing ideas with like-minded folks on how analytics can best address their business problems. Don’t miss these opportunities to learn what IBM Advanced Analytics can do for your business and share ideas with IBMers:
- IBM Decision Optimization Technology Workshop (Sunday 1 pm – 2:45 pm, Regency 3):
- Get an overview of the IBM Decision Optimization portfolio, including what’s new in CPLEX Optimization Studio (COS), Decision Optimization Center (DOcenter), and Decision Optimization on Cloud (DOcplexcloud). Discover how easy it is to create an app using Bluemix and DOcplexcloud!
- Learn how CP Optimizer can help you with your scheduling problems. Discover constraint-based scheduling, modeling for scheduling and the techniques used under the hood inside CP Optimizer.
- Learn how you can use the DOC Rest API to create a custom user interface (local or on cloud) for your decision-making applications.
- Tutorial on the IBM Decision Optimization Python API (Monday 9:10 am – 10 am, Poinciana CD): learn how to use the IBM Decision Optimization Python API in a Notebook environment to create optimization models, invoke the CPLEX engines either locally or on cloud, and create application prototypes.
- IBM SPSS Modeler Technology Workshop (Sunday 11 am – 12:45 pm, Gardenia): learn how to use SPSS Modeler for forecasting and predictive modeling, e.g. for campaign optimization and retail promotion. See how IBM CPLEX Optimization Studio and IBM SPSS Modeler work together to achieve maximum benefit by combining Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics.
- Tutorial and IBM SPSS Modeler (1:50 pm – 2:40 pm, Poinciana CD): learn how to use IBM SPSS Modeler for forecasting and predictive modeling. You will see how easy it is to build models and use machine learning techniques.
- Visit IBM booths #27 and #28 to network with IBMers, discuss demos, and brainstorm on how IBM Advanced Analytics can solve your business pain points. Demos on exhibit include:
- Quick prototyping with IBM Decision Optimization for Python, DOcplexcloud, and Notebooks.
- How to integrate CPLEX on Cloud into your applications by using the DOcplexcloud API.
- On the road to Cognitive Optimization, with a Sales Territory Assignment use case.
- Dealing with Uncertainty for Planning and Scheduling applications.
- Using IBM Decision Optimization with IBM TM1 for Sales and Operations Planning.
- Decision Optimization Center, with a Rental Car Repositioning and several other Industry Solutions use cases.