IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud provides the power of IBM CPLEX Optimizers in a self-serve cloud environment. The new IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud – Flex-Tier extends the existing Decision Optimization on Cloud service and delivers:
• Higher quality of service for low-volume and medium-volume users
• Lower cost of ownership for high-volume users
• Flexibility in terms of when to use the service and on what machine, from small up to very large
• Elasticity: supports both regular base workload and irregular peak usages
• Appropriate, competitive pricing with plannable regular monthly payments
Typical use cases of IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud – and the new Flex Tier in particular – include: production planning, supply chain planning, workforce assignment, and resource assignment in general. And our customers already do other interesting things with it: For example a European radio company is doing all their advertisement scheduling based on DOcplexcloud, and a worldwide TV company just started to do similar optimizations with our cloud service. One of the biggest shipping ports in the world uses it to optimize their container operations, and we see more and more consulting companies using the service to create new applications for their customers.
Decision Optimization on Cloud, available since 2015, is extended with a significant new improvement: the Flex-Tier. From a technical point of view, the Flex-Tier provides access to high-end technology for low-volume to high-volume clients. Clients get dedicated computing capacity, including all high-end features like Python workers, parallel computing, and dedicated job queuing at flexible and competitive pricing. The service provides API-based capacity provisioning with short, guaranteed provisioning times.
Flexibility is reflected in the pricing and subscription schema. Clients can subscribe on a monthly basis for dedicated capacities on a large variety of available machine configurations. Annual subscriptions for flexible use of the service on a daily basis are also available. For example, a client can buy a small machine for service usage on a regular basis and a large machine for irregular peak usages on one contract with a plannable, fixed monthly price (and potential overage primes for usage overrun).
All this provides an unprecedented degree of flexibility and elasticity and makes it fit to every project budget and computation requirements.
The IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud service delivers:
• Self-serve optimization for operations research experts, IT developers, and analytics entrepreneurs
• Easy discover-and-try capability through the DropSolve drag-and-drop interface
• The ability to embed IBM CPLEX Optimizers on cloud in any application through the Decision Optimization on Cloud API
• Flexible configuration with a selection of IBM Softlayer machines
• Lowered cost of ownership with no installation requirement and flexible pricing with pay-as-you go options
• Ease of use because no download, installation, setup, maintenance, or upgrade is required
• Continuous delivery of new features on a regular basis
• Elastic capacity so you can scale up and down on demand to fit your business needs
• Integration with IBM Bluemix and IBM Datascience Experience for an integrated end-to-end experience
• Access to the Decision Optimization on Cloud community for documentation, samples, and operations research, IT, and cloud experts
To learn more, please visit the product home-page: IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud.