CPLEX® Optimization Studio Community Edition (CPLEX Studio CE) is an integrated environment to support the rapid development and deployment of optimization models. It offers a range of tools to assist in the entire model development process.
Download CPLEX Optimization Studio CE
What do I get with CPLEX Studio CE?
CPLEX Studio CE provides:
- native support for IBM’s Optimization Programming Language (OPL)
- a model profiler to trace execution and track memory and time used modeling and solving
- graphical and tabular displays to present results
- tools to diagnose and fix infeasible models
The CPLEX Studio CE installation includes the CPLEX and CP Optimizer solution engines. You can solve problems locally or you can connect to DOcplexcloud. When you solve locally with CPLEX Studio CE, your problem size is limited to 1000 variables and 1000 constraints. To solve larger problems, you need to use either the DOcplexcloud service or the full version of CPLEX Studio.
How do I start using CPLEX Studio CE with DOcplexcloud?
It’s easy to start using CPLEX Studio CE with DOcplexcloud. Simply create a trial account, download an installer, and connect CPLEX Studio CE to DOcplexcloud.
Create a DOcplexcloud trial account
To create a trial account in DOcplexcloud, visit the free trial registration page. Once you’ve registered, you can get an API key and the DOcplexcloud base URL, which you’ll need to connect CPLEX Studio CE to DOcplexcloud.
Download an installer
You can download CPLEX Studio CE. You need to log in with an IBM ID to download an installer. CPLEX Studio CE installers are available for these platforms:
- Windows 32-bit and 64-bit
- Linux 32-bit and 64-bit
- Mac OSX (does not include the IDE)
Note that during the process to download CPLEX Studio CE, you may see references to a “Preview Edition”. This is the same as CPLEX Studio CE.
Connect CPLEX Studio CE to DOcplexcloud
Once you’ve installed CPLEX Studio CE, you can connect to DOcplexcloud.
- Launch the CPLEX Studio CE application and close the Welcome Screen if it appears.
- In the CPLEX Studio CE IDE, select Window > Preferences > OPL > DOcloud
- Add the DOcplexcloud base URL to the Base URL field.
- Add your API key to the API Key field.
- Click OK.
Run models on DOcplexcloud
To instruct CPLEX Studio CE to run your model on DOcplexcloud, select a Run Configuration for the model, right click and select Run this on DOcloud.
Where can I get support for CPLEX Studio CE?
The full CPLEX Optimization Studio documentation is available on the IBM Knowledge Center.
For instructions on connecting CPLEX Studio CE to DOcplexcloud, you can read Solving OPL models on the cloud.
You can ask questions to other users of CPLEX Studio in the IBM Optimization forums.
For questions concerning DOcplexcloud, visit the dW answers forum.