Watson Conversation is now Watson Assistant. Although some illustrations in this tutorial may show the service as Watson Conversation, the steps and processes will still work.
There’s exciting news in the world of Watson Conversation, the Watson service that lets you create virtual agents and chat bots using Natural Language Understanding, conversational interaction flows, and dialog building tools. The latest Watson Conversation version has moved from the experimental stage to GA.
How can you use Watson Conversation? Easy. You train the Watson Conversation service through an easy-to-use web app that is designed so you can quickly build natural conversation flows between your apps and users. With Watson Conversation, you can:
- Create virtual agents and chat bots. Build Twitter, Slack, and other messaging and social network platform bots that interact instantly with your followers.
- Allow users to control the application using natural language.
- Incorporate state-of-the-art natural language and intent understanding to interact with your users.
- Add a chat bot to your website that automatically responds to your customers’ most frequently asked questions.
- Allow customers to control your mobile app using natural language.
Visit the Watson Conversation website to take a test drive of the service. You can also fork the code from the site and modify it for your own use.
So, what are you waiting for? Try Watson Conversation to engage users with your apps!
Additional useful resources
- Get started with Watson Conversation in Bluemix
- Engage with other developers and ask questions on the developerWorks forum
- Migrate a workspace from experimental to GA
- Watson Conversation resources on developerWorks
Learn how to build more cool stuff