Imagine if you will, an environment where you can stitch together all the patterns and building blocks of services, code, and products to build an app where everything is laid out for you in a simple flow diagram almost like a cheat sheet for coding. Think that would be helpful? We thought so. That’s why we put together the best couplings for services, patterns, code shortcuts, and demos all in one place we call the IBM Cloud Architecture Center.
In the Cloud Architecture Center, you’ll find information to help you create and deploy your apps quickly with less stress.
- Where and how to start
- How to build your thing
- How the services fit together
- Whether to use infrastructure or services
- How services talk to each other
There’s a lot of great reference architectures in the Cloud Architecture Center (40 to be exact), but today I’m going to focus on the ever agile and scaleable microservices.
Some of the things you can do with microservices are:
- Easily share the workload with fellow developers
- Debug fewer lines of code (at a time)
- Break down large applications into their core functions
- Add all the microservices together as one service
- Remove a service that doesn’t work and replace it with another service without breaking the code
In essence, microservices make your life easier.
The Create Microservices solution in the Cloud Architecture Center provides you with a blueprint on how to create an application. The provided framework gives you all the components and the environment to deploy and run what you build. With this solution, you’ll learn about architectures and their infrastructure while you build a game. You’ll follow the step-by-step instructions and use provided source code to extend the game by creating rooms. Services to deploy your game are also included with this solution so you can reap your reward and play the game that you just created.