developerWorks is at work
delivering brand new content to your inbox!
New interactive tutorials in the developerWorks Sandbox:
- Use the Node.js event loop effectively
- Protect your apps from cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks
There will be more! And if you cannot wait for the next Digest, you can always bookmark this blog post where all new sandbox articles will be published.
New journeys on IBM/Code in June and July:
- Implement voice controls for a serverless home automation hub
- Manage microservices traffic using Istio
- Create a stress-test app for investment portfolios
- Analyze traffic data from the city of San Francisco
- Deploy an asset-transfer app using blockchain
- Turn your mainframe into an API powerhouse
- Create a cognitive banking chatbot
- Create a sports buddy with TJBot and Watson
- Build an enterprise Swift app using services
- Make apps smarter with serverless technologies
- Power your smart fridge to request replacement parts
- Boost insight by moving analytics closer to data
- Create a to-do list app using blockchain
We are adding new journeys to IBM Code regularly!
Looking for something specific? @developer.ibm.com/code/journey, we have everything you need to quickly solve real problems: architecture diagrams, one-click deployment git repos, and pointers to essential docs.
Our journeys cover the following topic areas: Analytics, API, AI, Blockchain, Cloud, Containers, Data Science, Data Store, Databases, Gaming, Hybrid Integration, IoT, Java, Messaging, Microservices, Mobile, Platform as a Service, Serverless, Swift on the Server, Systems and Virtual Reality.
Looking for a challenge?
Learn more about and register for the Unchain the Frame Virtual Hackathon! August 14 – November 15, 2017.
The Unchain the Frame Virtual Hackathon is your key to unleashing early success. That’s because this challenge is focused on some of the most rapidly growing technologies in the marketplace, including Blockchain, Machine Learning, and Open Source technologies, combined with Industry APIs and the most scalable and secure platform. The IBM Z mainframe. Yes. The mainframe! Read more.
IBM in the news:
- IBM Accelerates Hybrid-Cloud Adoption with New All-Flash Mainframe Storage Solutions
- AOS and IBM developing logistics and transportation solution built on IBM Blockchain and Watson IoT
- IBM Unveils New Ways to Use, Develop for DB2 for Greater Data Control
- IBM Named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service
- User Survey Ranks IBM Industry’s Most Reliable Servers
- U.S. Air Force Research Lab Taps IBM to Build Brain-Inspired AI Supercomputing System
- IBM and Lightbend build integrated platform for cognitive development
- IBM and Lightbend erase the microservices “blahs”
IBM unveiled IBM Z, the next generation of the world’s most powerful transaction system, capable of running more than 12 billion encrypted transactions per day. The new system also introduces a breakthrough encryption engine that, for the first time, makes it possible to encrypt essentially all data associated with any application, cloud service, or database all the time. Read more!
Check out our July developerWorks newsletters:
- developerWorks Digest – June 27th, July 13th, and July 27th,
- Big Data & Analytics – July edition
- Blockchain – July edition
- Cloud Computing – July edition
- Cognitive Computing – July edition
- DevOps – July edition
- Internet of Things (IoT) – July edition
- Middleware – July edition
- Open Technology – July edition
- Security – July edition
- NEW! India Community Newsletter – July edition
- NEW! Japan Community Newsletter (in local language) – July edition
Our team at developerWorks is dedicated to helping developers build their skills and advance their careers around emerging and game-changing technologies, whether you are just getting started or continuing to build more advanced developing skills. For more developerWorks content, be sure to visit developerWorks and subscribe to our newsletters to get them delivered to your email inbox as soon as we publish them off the digital press. And if there’s a topic you’d like to see us cover, let us know!