Summer is over ….. It is pumpkin, Halloween and holidays wind down time!
But there is no rest for the wicked developer.
As we drift into fall, let’s cozy up – you’ve a bunch of reading to catch up on!
Luckily, we have bundled it up for you in our monthly developerWorks newsletters round-up.
Ready … Steady … Go!
A very active hurricane season!
IBM and the Weather Company have partnered to keep tabs on the impact that weather can have on lives, properties and businesses around the world. Harvey, Irma, Maria and whatever else will be coming our way during this hurricane season, have proven very catastrophic. developerWorks expertise and readily available weather information, can help you create the next great app that could save lives before future scenarios like those destructive hurricanes. Read more.
Science, Star Wars and IBM … You tell me what those 3 have in common!
Most of the technology in Star Wars was conceived in the late 1970s, yet it still seems futuristic. What IBM Research is working on can seem just as otherworldly. The big difference is that Star Wars tech only works in the movies, while the stuff IBM is working on has every day, real world applications. The galaxy is far, far away, but the science is closer than you think. A new episode each week explains how.
IBM has been the news: It is all about blockchain!
Blockchain has been all the hype for some time now. Everyday, we now hear in the news about how this technology will overcome all sorts of business, human, and global challenges. But what does it really mean to make that a reality? Read: IBM announces major blockchain collaboration with the biggest companies.
Developers, get started with blockchain:
- IBM Blockchain Platform is now available!
- Accelerate your blockchain journey with the IBM Blockchain Platform.
- Explore, develop, and deploy blockchain solutions for business with free tools and tutorials, plus code and community support with the blockchain sandbox.
- Consult blockchain journeys on IBM Code.
- Five ways developers can get started with Blockchain today
- IBM Blockchain Platform: The only fully integrated enterprise-ready blockchain platform designed to accelerate the development, governance and operation of a multi-institution business network.
- Smart contracts and business rules: The keys to revolutionary blockchain use cases.
New developerWorks newsletters!
What summer vacation? There’s no rest for the developerWorks team!
This summer featured the launches of:
- Our first monthly Japanese newsletter, specially geared towards our Japanese developer community and in local language for convenience. Sign up!
- Our biweekly Developer Webcast Calendar, a listing of all our upcoming live events delivered right to your inbox for your convenience. Sign up!
- The IBM Code newsletter, created to keep you updated on everything that is happening on our IBM Code developer center, from coding journey updates to developer advocate activities in your cities. Sign up!
developerWorks Sandbox news:
We are posting regular updates on sandbox articles in our biweekly digests! But if you cannot wait, you can always bookmark this blog post where all new sandbox articles will be published.
New journeys on IBM Code:
We are adding new journeys to IBM Code regularly! And our developerWorks Digests usually highlight all of the newest ones biweekly.
Looking for something specific? @developer.ibm.com/code/journey, we have everything you need to quickly solve real problems: architecture diagrams, one-click deployment git repos, and pointers to essential docs.
Our journeys cover the following topic areas: Analytics, API, AI, Blockchain, Cloud, Containers, Data Science, Data Store, Databases, Gaming, Hybrid Integration, IoT, Java, Messaging, Microservices, Mobile, Platform as a Service, Serverless, Swift on the Server, Systems and Virtual Reality.
And don’t forget about our upcoming developer events coming soon. From meetups to webcasts, hackathons and workshops, we’ve got them all listed for you, quick and easy…
Check out our latest developerWorks newsletters:
- developerWorks Digest – Aug 11th, Aug 28th, Sept 8th, and Sept 22nd
- IBM Code – Aug 31st, and Sept 15th
- Big Data & Analytics – Aug/Sept edition
- Blockchain – Aug/Sept edition
- Cloud Computing – Aug/Sept edition
- Cognitive Computing – Aug/Sept edition
- DevOps – Aug/Sept edition
- Internet of Things (IoT) – Aug/Sept edition
- Middleware – Aug/Sept edition
- Security – Aug/Sept edition
- NEW! China Community Newsletter (in local language) – Aug/Sept edition
- NEW! India Community Newsletter – Aug/Sept edition
- NEW! Japan Community Newsletter (in local language) – Aug/Sept edition
Our team at developerWorks is dedicated to helping developers build their skills and advance their careers around emerging and game-changing technologies, whether you are just getting started or continuing to build more advanced developing skills. For more developerWorks content, be sure to visit developerWorks and subscribe to our newsletters to get them delivered to your email inbox as soon as we publish them off the digital press. And if there’s a topic you’d like to see us cover, let us know!