What is Node-RED? How can it be used for IoT applications?
Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways. The light-weight runtime is built on Node.js, taking full advantage of its event-driven, non-blocking model.
The flows created in Node-RED are stored using JSON which can be easily imported and exported for sharing with others.
Watch Node-RED co-creator Nick O’Leary explain the history, benefits and future of Node-RED.
- The Benefits of Using Node-RED: youtu.be/N844FZaxeNI
- The Future of Node-RED: youtu.be/WAq1IOwW5Oo
- Why Node-RED is Ideal for Internet of Things Applications: youtu.be/JtIm5k1k5II
- The Role of the Node-RED Community: youtu.be/0Hrl62CX-Ko
- The Key to Node-RED’s Ease of Use: youtu.be/NKFYFc92kT0
- A Brief History of Node-RED: youtu.be/xvRSXjGsZz0