With increased availability of automated AI development tools and best practices of bringing AI to production, organizations are driving business performance, governmental operations and regulations, and social good with expanded use of AI. In particular, there is a global interest in applying AI for making our world a safer place. Through AI-powered prediction, optimization and automation, we can help mitigate physical and cyber threats and risks. For example, AI and machine learning can help in the following ways:
· Predict potential construction risks and hazardous conditions
· Develop contextual intelligence to share with public
· Anticipate weather events and disasters for increased readiness
· Reduce site accidents, theft, and vandalism
· Optimize scheduling and allocations of resource and match supply and demand
· Assess risk and needs and deliver solutions to communities in need
AI is also a crucial skill for us to acquire and improve. It is an opportune time for us to build AI skills and make a positive impact on the world. You can use the latest cloud and AI technologies to translate your ideas into action.
Introducing 2021 Call for Code AI Spot Challenge
In partnership with Call for Code, we are introducing an AI Spot Challenge, that invites. developers, data scientists and problem solvers around the world to build and contribute to sustainable, open source technology projects that make our planet safer.
Start Date: July 27, 2021, 12:00am PDT
Submission Deadline: August 18, 2021, 11:59pm PDT
Winner Announcement Date: August 24, 2021, 8am PDT via YouTube
· You will build a new solution for the AI Spot Challenge
· You can compete alone or part of a team of up to five people
· You will use IBM Cloud and Watson Studio. You can absolutely add more services within IBM Cloud.
Judging: IBM will use a panel of experts to evaluate your submissions on
● Completeness and transferability (5 points)
● Effectiveness and efficiency (5 points)
● Design and usability (5 points)
● Creativity and innovation (5 points)
We invite you to address specific problems in unique, clearly demonstrable ways. The most successful solutions are those scoped to have the greatest impact with the smallest technological footprint. While you can create an entirely brand new solution following the guidelines above, we encourage you to review DroneAid and Intelligent Supervision Assistant for Construction (ISAC-SIMO) as your inspirations for your final submissions.