CJUG Meetup – In-Memory Computing Essentials for Java Developers
January 17, 2020
We are very happy to ring in the new year and co-hosting with the Chicago In-Memory Computing group (https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-mqTCMocI/) for a presentation by Denis Magda from the Apache Ignite team.
Attendees will be introduced to the fundamental capabilities of in-memory computing platforms that are proven to boost applications performance and solve scalability problems by storing and processing massive data sets in RAM and on disk.
The session is tailored for Java experts who thirst for practical experience with in-memory computing technologies. You’ll be given an overview of in-memory concepts such as caches, databases, and data grids combined with a technical deep-dive of the following topics (the deep-dive is based on Apopen-source – open source in-memory computing platform):
– Distributed in-memory cluster deployment strategies.
– How data partitioning and replication works at the nutshells.
– APIs for data access – key-value, SQL and compute APIs.
– Affinity collocation tips and tricks.
– Making your cluster durable – persistence and other forms
71 S Wacker Drive, 6th Floor Conference Center, Chicago, 60606, United States