As a developer you might ask yourself: “How can I get started with security for my Cloud Native Java application?”
In this session we will focus on how to get started with application security from the platform perspective.
– How to secure external access to a Kubernetes cluster with TLS
– How to secure communication between Microservices with Istio and mTLS
The content is based on the example application of the Open Source GitHub project #CloudNativeStarter, built with Quarkus and Microprofile.
The objective is to give beginners in this area a starting point, by providing an example you can run yourself.
Speaker: Thomas Südbröcker, IBM Hybrid Cloud Build Team
- Free IBM Cloud Account: https://ibm.biz/BdfrVK (no credit card required)
– This series of events will be hosted on Crowdcast. Register here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/app-sec-dev-learning-journey
- Instructions on how to setup your device can be found here: https://www.crowdcast.io/setup
Join us every Wednesday at 16:00 CET April through June. From developers, for developers. Join our journey to Application Security.
Application Security Journey for Developers (6/10)
Join us in this series – every Wednesday – discover more about the area of application security. Learn how to secure your applications and processes, protect your data and mitigate the risks of fraud and threats. Build Smart. Build Secure.
As developers and architects, we build applications which solve business problems of our clients and sometimes are the backbone of their business. If these systems are insecure, they can destroy the client’s reputation and result in severe legal consequences. Addressing this issue, the “Application Security for Developers Journey“, is a series of talks and hands-on-sessions in which we will highlight security from the perspectives of architects and developers.
In case you missed any of the previous sessions in our series and are interested to learn more, you can find the replays here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/app-sec-dev-learning-journey