Enjoy your cloud again. Serverless allows developers to focus their time on their code and the business logic, instead of worrying about infrastructure.
In this workshop we will deploy a containerized application to a serverless framework, using Code Engine. IBM Code Engine is a fully managed, serverless platform. Let IBM Cloud Code Engine manage and secure the underlying infrastructure for you. No need to size, deploy, or scale container clusters yourself.
After you complete this workshop, you will have a basic understanding of the following:
- Deploy an existing Java microservices containerized application example to Code Engine
- Learn how to use the IBM Cloud Code Engine CLI
- Understand internal and external HTTP/HTTPS routing between microservices
- Use out-of-the-box monitoring for an example application
- Use out-of-the-box logging for an example application
We will focus on deploying containerized applications. The scope of this workshop is not to explain every aspect of running an application or job on Code Engine.
- You should have a basic understanding of containerized applications
- In order to run this workshop, you will need to create an IBM Cloud Pay-As-You-Go account https://ibm.biz/BdfS2Z or log in to your existing account.
Code Engine has a free tier per month, and we expect, if you haven’t used that free tier in the current month, you can execute the workshop without creating any additional costs. For the monitoring and logging we will use free lite plans for the following services: IBM Cloud Monitoring and IBM Cloud Log Analysis.