🎓 What will you learn?
In this workshop, you will get hands-on experience using IBM Cloud Code Engine and how to deploy a polyglot microservices application to IBM Code Engine.
Code Engine is a managed serverless platform that can run both applications that serve HTTP requests, which include web applications or microservices, and batch jobs that run once in order to complete a task. These workloads are built within the same Kubernetes infrastructure and take advantage of open source technologies such as Knative and Istio. With Knative, Code Engine can run serverless and autoscale applications. With Istio, Code Engine can route and manage application traffic. In addition, Code Engine is integrated with LogDNA, which enables you to log your applications.
As a developer, the benefit of using Code Engine is that the Kubernetes infrastructure and cluster complexity is invisible to you. You do not need Kubernetes training and you can just focus on your code.
🌟 Session outcomes
Deploy the Bee Travels microservices application, it has services that depend on one another and the application depends on various cloud-native technologies. This is where IBM Cloud Code Engine comes into play.
- Introduction to Serverless Technology
- Introduction to Code Engine
- How to deploy a microservice app to IBM Code Engine
- Hands-on lab
👩💻 Who should attend
- Web Developers
- Developers who are interested in Serverless Technology
🍪 How to attend
- Register to participate in the live stream or watch the replay: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/deploy-a-microservices
- Sign up for IBM Cloud account: https://ibm.biz/BdfhFZ
- Basic understanding of containers and microservices
- Read https://developer.ibm.com/patterns/deploy-a-microservices-app-to-ibm-cloud-code-engine/
- Asna Javed, Lead Developer Advocate, IBM PAK, https://www.linkedin.com/in/asnajaved/
- Karim Deif, Client Developer Advocate, IBM Egypt, https://www.linkedin.com/in/karimdeif/